Quota for poor among upper caste – Are you eligible
Government today announced 10 per cent reservation in government jobs and higher education for economically weaker sections in the general category and said it would move a constitutional amendment bill to bring it into effect. The mega move,just months before the national election, was approved in a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday. The constitutional amendment bill is likely to be moved on Tuesday and the government has decided to extend the Rajya Sabha session by one day.
This proposed reservation will not be based on caste. It will also be independent of the current 50% reservation that lets people from backward castes to get a job or secure a seat in universities.
Are you eligible? Know Here …
Criteria for economically backward section:
1) Annual income below 8 lakhs
2) Agricultural land below 5 hectare
3) Residential below 1000 sq ft
4) Residential plot below 109 yards in notified municipality.
5) Residential plot below 209 yards in non notified municipality area