Method to cancel Counter ticket on IRCTC online and get refund
IRCTC has been upgraded with many facilities all these days and now it is giving variety of facilities to its users and now it is also offering acility of train ticket cancellation booked from the Indian Railways counters, stations, reservations offices and booking offices via the IRCTC e-ticketing website, www.irctc.co.in.
Ways to Cancel Counter train tickets online and get refund :-
- Visit IRCTC website, www.irctc.co.in.
- Move the mouse cursor to ‘Trains’ option given on the top of the homepage.
- Move the cursor to ‘Cancel Ticket’ option in the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Counter Ticket’.
- Enter the PNR Number, train number printed on the train ticket.
- Enter Captcha and select the check box to confirm that rules and procedure are read.
- Click on submit.
- Enter the One-Time Password sent on the mobile number provided at the time of booking and click on submit.
- Verify the PNR details after the OTP gets validated.
- Click on ‘Cancel Ticket’ for full ticket cancellation
The refund amount due will be displayed on the screen and the user will receive an SMS with PNR and refund details. The sample message format is “Your PNR xxxxxxxxxx has been cancelled. Collect refund amt xxxxx from journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations………Read More>>