IRCTC premium Tatkal Here’s everything you need to know
Indian Railways’s catering and tourism arm IRCTC also offers e-ticketing services for the national transporter. Passengers can book tickets online through IRCTC portal or mobile app. In order to facilitate last minute/emergency bookings, IRCTC offers Tatkal and premium Tatkal services.
For travellers with a shortage of time, Premium Tatkal is an excellent service. It was introduced a couple of years ago. Premium Tatkal facility allows passengers to book tickets with dynamic fare pricing at the last minute. Dynamic pricing means that fares increase as ticket booking go up.
Premium Tatkal fare is the basic train fare plus additional Tatkal charges. The charges range from 10 per cent to 30 per cent, depending upon the class. According to IRCTC, the maximum limit of premium Tatkal is 30 per cent of the base fare or Rs 400 whichever is higher.
Here’s all you need to know about Premium Tatkal service
1. Premium Tatkal tickets can be booked from IRCTC website. The booking opens at 10 am for AC class seats and 11 am for non-AC class seats.
2. Agents are not permitted to book tickets under this quota which means passengers have a higher chance of getting a confirmed ticket.
3. Only e-tickets can be booked under Premium Tatkal service and RAC or waitlist ticket bookings are not allowed under this scheme.
4. Users cannot avail any concession on Premium Tatkal ticket booking. Also, children are charged with full fare under this scheme.
5. In case of any cancellation of Premium Tatkal tickets, no refund will be granted…..Read More>>>