How to lock your Aadhaar biometrics here are simple steps
Biometric data include your iris and finger prints. UIDAI allows you to lock these information so that no one else can use it for authentication on any biometric devise.
- There were reports earlier this year that India’s ID database was hit by a security lapse exposing Aadhaar data of over 11 million Indians.
- UIDAI allows you to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your biometric details by locking biometrics.
- Locked Biometrics ensure the Aadhaar holder will not be able to use their biometrics for authentications thus preventing potential misuse.
Lock/unlock your Aadhaar biometric data- Here are Ways :-
1. Go to this link- https://resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock
2. Login using your 12 digit Aadhaar number or 16 digit VID to reach the Biometric Lock system.
3. Enter captcha/security code………Read More>>