Here is how you can check Rs 100 Note fake or genuine
Demonetisation was a step taken by the Modi government to curb black money. Post demonetisation, almost all the Indian currency notes underwent a makeover and among them was the revamped version of the Rs 100 note as well. The lavender coloured notes were unveiled last year in July under the Mahatma Gandhi New Series.
But there is still the looming doubt of holding a fake note in your hands. Fake notes or counterfeits are nothing but illegal duplicates or imitation of one’s legal currency notes. An individual can end up receiving a fake note through ATM’s, misprint of the currency notes, from shopkeepers and vendors. This circulation of counterfeits in the economy fuels black money. So, how will one recognize if the note in their wallet is a genuine printed note.
According to the Reserve Bank of India, every Indian rupee note has certain salient features that one needs to look out for to differentiate it to be a real note. For the new denomination of Rs 100 note, the RBI lists down the following characteristics the note should have to be authentic:
Rs 100 note Obverse side
1. See through register with denominational numeral 100.
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 100.
3. Denominational numeral १०० in Devnagari.
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre.
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘100’.
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift; Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
8. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
9. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (100) watermarks.
10. Number panel with numerals in ascending font on the top left side and bottom right side.
11. For visually impaired intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised triangular identification mark with micro-text 100, four angular bleed lines both on the right and left sides……Read More>>