e-Visa now more tourist friendly with these changes
The e-Tourist Visa which was introduced in September 2014 with 46 countries has now been made applicable for 166 countries. Recently, the government has made a series of amendments in the e-visa regime, making it more tourist friendly. It may be noted that The Ministry of Tourism has been working very closely with the Ministry of Home Affairs for easing of the Visa Regime in the country over a period of time.
These are the modifications made by the government in the e-Visa regime
1. Duration of stay in India of e-Tourist and e-Business Visas is maximum up to 1 Year with multiple entries subject to the stay stipulations.
2. The existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times has also been removed.
Changes in the e-Tourist Visa:
1. On e-Tourist Visa continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
2. In case of nationals of the USA, UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
3. In all cases, no registration will be required.
Changes in e-Business Visa:
1. Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa
2. No registration will be required if the stay is for a period of less than 180 days.
1. e-Visa is valid for entry through 2 (two) more designated Airports (Bhubaneswar and Port Blair) raising the total number of such airports to 28.
2. Attending destination wedding under normal e-Tourist visa or Tourist visa- No separate category of Destination Wedding Visa….Read More>>>